Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (EASY)

2 spice cake mixes (Duncan Hines if you can find it)
1- 30 oz can pumpkin
1- 12 oz bag semi-sweet choclate chips
1/4-1/2 Cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts) Optional

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine cake mixes and pumpkin, combine
Add chocolate chips and nuts, stir in
It will seem very dry at first, but mix the pumpkin in well.
Spoon mixture into lined muffin tin:
These don't rise alot so fill pretty full
Bake for 20-23 minutes


*These are great just like that or you can frost. I don't.


As you can see I am all about quick and easy. I really enjoy recipes that I can make in a jiffy but taste so great that the family thinks I spent hours. You can probably make them prettier by using an ice cream scoop to make them all uniform. Or even them out with a spoon before baking. I don't...so mine have character. :) If you are planning on icing them for a party or something, then I would flatten the top with a spoon before baking.

I also like the fact that the ingredients to these muffins are usually in my pantry. Spice cake mixes are sometimes tricky to find, but once I find a Duncan Hines spice cake mix...I buy several to have on hand.

There's nothing like this recipe to make your house smell wonderful too. Yum.

This recipe makes about 40 muffins. I like to make a bunch and put them in baggies, and toss them in the freezer for when the kids need something on the run. Yeah, 'the kids', that sounds good....the kids. LOL

Fire up the oven today. These will get everyone excited that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

~Sandi

1 comment:

  1. These are the BEST pumpkin cookies! I haven't tried them with nuts though...I love the holidays!

    ReplyDelete