Saturday, May 7, 2011

Race for the Cure- It's about LOVE! Mothers Day (poem)

Today was the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure in Salt Lake City, Utah. I hope you all find a way to participate in one way or another. So many are effected every year by this dreadful disease. I am posting this blog today to honor many of our family members who have suffered from the ravages of this disease. And it has touched so many in our family including my Aunts, and Jerry's sister Patty. But since it is Mothers Day tomorrow I especially have my Mom close to my thoughts, and in my heart today. So this is dedicated to her:

For the record....My Mom didn't 'lose' her battle with Breast Cancer! My Mom fought hard, really hard! To say she 'lost' is to diminish the valiance of her fight. She had 4th stage metetastic breast cancer with 14+ masses in her liver when it was discovered. This is a smart woman who got her mammograms every year. In Oct, 2005 the Dr's told her to have a really good Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas. Hah! Those cancer cells didn't know my Mom. Those trashy little blood sucking deamons didn't know how much she loved us all and how much she wanted to LIVE. She fought a great fight. No-one, and nothing BEAT our Mom. You see...we get the last laugh, don't we? We will see her again, healthy...never to be parted again. We can thank Heavenly Father for His great plan of Happiness for His Children, and that He provided a way for families to be together for-ever. FOR-EVER! No- My Mom didn't lose anything to this stinkin disease. We'll see her, and hold each other again. So STOP saying she lost her battle....she WINS! The victory is ultimately ours...together.


For this reason it has become a wonderful tradition led by our Dad to Race for the Cure each year. He realizes that for us to stay united in hope for a cure, that collectively we should use our positive energy towards something, unstead of sitting idle as victims in unrelenting dispair. Happiness is a choice.

Grandpa arranged for Cassi to come down
from BYUI for the weekend to race with the family.
Here she is pre-race with cousin Lindsay.

Here is our family...'Team Beaujeu'
I LOVE these guys. This picture makes me
VERKLEMPT!

Cassi said how much this race has changed her
and her perspective. It's about real people who
are fighting, with their families and friends for LIFE!
Kinda poetic that this is Cassi's 1st 5k ever.
It is about LOVE!

It is about REAL people who are currently
waging war with the 'C' word. Though surrounded by
care-givers this can be a lonesome disease with
sufferers wondering if anyone really knows how they feel.
How amazing to be in the midst of an event like this....
and a little overwhelming.

It's about making cancer soldiers laugh, but at the
same time walking the walk...and racing the RACE!
Or in other words...don't SAY something...DO something!

It's theraputic for Survivors
to rub shoulders with the fighters
and their families! Someone hug
this woman for me!

This picture was taken outside of Dodger Stadium
this year-  May 2011. Just LOOK at the people effected
by Breast Cancer! Incredible people who CARE!

This was on the back of one of the runners.
Wow...speaks volumes doesn't it?
Team Beaujeu had "In loving memory of
Marlene Beaujeu" on their backs.

This is.....kinda scary...not gunna lie! LOL!

Like I say...this is about positive energy, moving forward,
togetherness, unity, and above all LOVE.

Do yourself a favor...and for those
you love and who love YOU...

We were taught by the BEST! Here is our Champion...the winner of the ultimate race. This blog is dedicated to you Mom. I could not be there to run...but I can write, blog, and fight on in what-ever way I can. I can be what you taught me to be...a Do-er.

Marlene Beaujeu
July 1939- September 2007


For Mom:

Our dear Marlene Heaven did take.
gladsome memories left in her wake
From young to old her life did touch
in special ways we miss so much.

Her voice is often heard so near
it's like a whisper in your ear.
Reminding you of days gone by
and that our love will never die.

We all remember when she was here
fits of laughter when Vern was near.
Britney's Urkel with pants up high
She laughed so hard sometimes she'd cry.

Grandchildren could  never do a wrong
especially when they'd sing a song.
Tell a story, or shoot a hoop,
and every time someone would toot.

She worried where each one would sleep
and fussed until we all did eat.
With sights, and sounds, and yummy smells
her love of us will never quell.

So happy when our Dad came home
to earn a living he had to roam.
He loved to take Mom far and near,
when kids could go we'd give a cheer

The best Mom ever, we knew we had
she often forgot when we were bad.
She stayed awake till 1am
making sure we entered in.

She camped and rode an ATV
and kept things neat as they could be.
We miss her lovely skin so soft,
goodnight smooches were given oft.

This time of year when spring had sprung
a list of chores she needed done.
Right beside us she'd help us work
She raised us never our duty to shirk.

I can't compose with melodic cords
I write instead with heartfelt words
One more time I'd love to say
"Mom, have a Happy Mothers Day."

I love you Mom...more than words
~Sandi

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE everything about this post... and all of the others of course! But especially this one. I love grandma so much!!! She never lost, and she still fights! Just a different kind of battle... that battle is being our guardian angel and making sure we stay on the straight and narrow! Let's do her proud:) Love you Aunt Sandi!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh Lindsay...this message means so much to me. Thank you for posting and for coming and enjoying my blog. In part it is written for you young-uns so you can feel connected and learn a few things that maybe you didn't know about people in our family. This particular post was particularly theraputic for me. Mothers Day has always been one of my favorite days of the year, because I remember being so so so happy when I became a Mother. But now that my own Momma has passed... it is tinged with a sense of sadness that she is not here any more to call and tell her I love her. But- you are right...she is near...and probably more keenly aware of how much we love her than ever before. I love you Punkin. You are a bright light in my life and I am so happy to be your Auntie for eternity. Love you Linds never forget that. XO

    ReplyDelete