Friday, February 17, 2012

A Thoughtful Valentine

Valentines Day kind of snuck-up on me this year. Then Cami walked in and announced she needed everyone's presence in the living room asap. So, we gathered around and she presented everyone with thoughtful sweet gifts and cards. This was the night before Valentines since she has school in Paris early Valentines morning and has to leave before the crack of dawn...she gave us our gifts early. Here's mine.

A bouquet of gorgeous flowers,
and a long stem chocolate rose. Awww.

I loved her gift. In fact that evening when everyone had gone to bed and I was folding laundry I began to notice how many different kinds of blossoms were in this arrangement. Each flower is so unique and beautiful, just like my children. To look at the whole arrangement at once is nice...but to really get the full effect I began to take a closer look, at each lovely blossom individually. I wanted to capture what I saw, felt, and was experiencing in my heart, so I took out my camera and started using the cool darkened room & my OTT-light to snap some more pictures of my flowers.






Looking at these flowers reminded me of one of my favorite poems (author unkown):

It is only a tiny rosebud
A flower of God’s design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.


The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so sweetly,
Then, in my hands, they die


If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
The flower of God’s design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?


So, I’ll trust in Him for leading
Each moment of my day.
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the Pilgrim’s way.


The pathway that lies before me
Only my Heavenly Father knows.
I’ll trust him to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose


Thank you for the reminder dear Cami- I love you

Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment